Things I should have done

Monday, April 17, 2006

In my life I have made many big mistakes and things I should have done instead. There are three main things that I should have realized at the first place. First, feeling sorry about my mother. It’s so painful to remind myself about the death of my mother, it’s the worst thing that makes me sad and regret, I always feel guilty about her. She suffered many painful diseases and I couldn’t help release her from suffering. I’m not satisfied because I think I didn’t make sufficient effort regarding her illness. I am really grief-stricken and my feeling is getting worst. If only I could go back in time, I would devote all my life to help her more and I’d be more satisfied now.
Second, I’ve just realized lately that I should thought deeply about migration to a European country. I think life wouldn’t be as terrible as it is now. I thought about living abroad ten years ago, but I hesitated in making the right decision. If I had taken the plunge to live in Europe, I would have had a better life and a decent job as well.
Third, being a geologist is interesting and I like the geological sciences, but I have discovered recently the geological jobs are restricted to the oil companies and limited places which are not available outside of Tripoli. I should have studied Civil Engineering instead of Geology.
Now I should think about the future and leave what happened behind. We only live once so we should give up thinking about bad experiences.
Ali Issa
Intermediate

1 comments:

Desert Rose said...

It is true for you only live once.