Sunday, April 02, 2006

His name is Art

I have a boyfriend in South Korea. His name is Art. I am going to tell you about him, because he became the most beloved person after moving out from our country. I want to have the time to bear him in mind.
3 years ago, when I met him at first, I recognized two things within 3 seconds, that he was short and he had little density of hair. Oops! Yes, he was a plain man. To be more exact, his out of beauty differs from my ideal man. Some time ago, when he was a just friend of mine,” I like you” he said to me. It was a bolt from the sky. However, his mental attitude. Way of thinking, consideration for others made me interested gradually. There was something attractive about him. From that date up to the present, he became a very important man to me.
He is graphic designer, the same as I am. Because we’re engaged in the same profession, I can grasp his strong point very well in our field. His first good point is that he is an expert. He always makes an effort to challenge undeveloped ways of expression. Even if his output looks so rough, that was recognized unique and valuable.
Secondly, his power of analysis stands high above the others. In addition, he has eyes which can see something has value correctly. For example, when he had a degree exhibition near at hand, he felt regrettable that many people had forgotten the traditional, own culture, something valuable. Therefore he had made a vernacular design. (His work’s explanation was omitted because it is too long and difficult to write)
His hobby is Subyuk-chiki. It is the Korean traditional military art that has been played by warriors since the Geryeo dynasty, but now it is already forgotten by many people. Fortunately, a small number of people are making efforts to sustain it, and Art is one of them. Almost every holiday, he goes to the Jeery mountains to get exercise with his associates. I like his enthusiasms about he wants to do.
Finally, he is sympathetic and wise, so he was a good conversational partner with me. Talikng with him was very happy. Also, sometimes I was depressed, he sang and danced for me. There were such variety shows. Sexy, comic dances are never to be forgotten.
I miss the time we were together.


Joanna Kweon
Pre-Intermediate